The truth about the busy lifestyles we are living is that it does have a negative impact on our health mostly. Most often, it is stress, depression, headaches, let alone other more serious health problems we could succumb to. I guess my husband’s fatty liver was a result of the stress he was going through at work. He was diagnosed with a fatty liver.
Fortunately, his office colleague told him a recipe for liver detoxification. At first it seemed really simple to be effective, however it costs nothing if we try the opportunities the nature offers.
This blend of turmeric spice, coconut milk, ginger and black pepper was revolutionary for my husband. This, so called ‘golden blend’ has versatile health benefits. It will not only flush the toxins out of your liver but it will sure improve your liver function, and it will have a calming effect on your whole nervous system to help the accumulation of stress and anxiety.
What are the benefits of drinking this ‘golden drink’?
Many studies have shown that the turmeric may be the most effective spice in your kitchen and in existence at all. It has been used for medical reasons many centuries ago in the East. Its medicinal properties are found in the so called compounds cucumionids out of which the curcumin proved most effective.
- It has been concluded that turmeric ‘s anti-inflammatory properties are constructively compared to drugs, (but without the side effects) especially when the inflammation is chronic.
- The turmeric (curcumin) increases the antioxidant capacity. The low antioxidant capacity means increase of free radicals in the body, which cause cell mutilation. The curcumin blocks the free radicals and helps in antioxidant mechanisms activation.
- Curcumin may become significant for Alzheimer’s disease prevention and treatment as it can help clear protein tangles or Amyloid plagues, that feature this disease. But, it does hinder the progression of the disease.
- Curcumin is promising when it comes to treating depression. A study has shown that the curcumin and the Prozac have nearly the same effect. Moreover, it can boost the brain neurotransmitters-serotonin and dopamine, and reverse the processes that cause depression.
- A research has indicated that curcumin restores the liver, and regenerates the liver tissues, improving liver fibroids and liver function.
The list of curcumin benefits doesn’t stop here, but it proved helpful in treating arthritis, kidneys malfunction, diabetes, regulates cholesterol levels, fights bacteria, boost the immune system and etc.
Coconut milk benefits
A coconut milk and turmeric is a healthy combination as they compensate their properties. The turmeric is a remedy, and when taking a treatment, the vitamins and minerals found in the coconut milk shouldn’t come short. Furthermore:
- Coconut milk improves the absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutritive elements and etc,
- It provides electrolytes to prevent dehydration, diarrhea, and exhaustion (heart problems, or muscle problems) especially in hot weather,
- Coconut milk feeds the brain with healthy fatty acids for regulation of the brain function.
- It maintains the blood volume, preventing anaemia because it contains plant-based iron,
- Prevents many types of inflammation,
- The fatty acids and the electrolytes make a healthy digestion base, thus, prevents guts problems and improves metabolism.
…And what makes Ginger so good!?
Ginger wouldn’t fall better into any combination than this with turmeric and coconut milk. Ginger has righteously earned the name ‘the wonder spice’ as the fact that ginger is a part of the plant family of turmeric makes it all clear to us why it is so extraordinarily effective. Its mightiest compound is gingerol – the oily resin from the root. Here are some of the most common therapeutic uses:
- Ginger is highly antibacterial – it effectively gets rid of bacteria, including fungal infections. Ginger has the most effective extract for destroying fungus,
- Boosts energy,
- Detoxifies the body and opens up the lymphatic channels, thus preventing the accumulation of toxins in the whole body. Thus, it improves the functions of the organs, including the liver function, heart function, digestive organs’ function etc.,
- Ginger is a pain reliever- it affects the receptors on sensory nerve endings and calms the inflammation,
- Ginger cures stomach ulcers,
- Improves blood circulation, regulates the blood pressure, the blood sugar, and etc.
The black pepper’s role in this golden blend is irreplaceable. Black pepper has many therapeutic properties on its own, however, the piperine – a natural substance found in the black pepper, enhances the absorption of curcumin a great deal, since the curcumin is poorly absorbed in the bloodstream. Also, you can swallow a few whole peppercorns along with this golden blend.
How to make Turmeric Golden Milk Recipe?
- 2 cups of coconut milk (we prefer coconut milk because of the above stated properties, but you can take any type of milk you prefer)
- 1 small piece of the ginger (about the size of your thumb)
- ¼ tsp. black pepper (to taste, except if you are suffering from ulcers or colitis)
- Raw organic honey (optional)
In a sauce pan, whisk all the ingredients until they blend well. Then, cook them on a medium heat, until bubbles start appearing on the surface. When it is ready, take the ginger out of the blend, and wait until it cools off to add the honey.
Besides being healthy and effective drink, the creamy texture and incredible smell will truly surprise you. We advise you to drink this liver detoxifier just before you go to bed. Enjoy!