The most powerful Tulsi Herb used in India for over 5000 years is the so called tulsi, meaning “the incomparable one” in Hindi, and people also know it under the name holy basil.
The tulsi plant has a sacred meaning for the Hindu people and just because of that, the Hindu prayer beads are made of the wood of the tulsi plant. It has been used over the years for treating colds, flu and coughs because it works as a natural cleanse for the respiratory tract of toxins.
When consumed on daily basis, it gives a sense of purity and lightness in the body because it relieves the bloating and digestive gas.
Where Can You Get Tulsi?
The holy basil is indigenous to the subcontinent of India. It is found in the form of a bushy shrub and can reach up to 18 inches in height and has oval and edgy leaves, which are light green or dark purple depending on the place where the tulsi plant grows.
You can order bags of dried tulsi leaves online from anywhere in the world. It is most advisable to get yourself an organic package in order to enjoy most of its benefits.
Health Benefits of the Tulsi Herb
The tulsi herb has been shown to be quite beneficial in treating the following health conditions:
- Lowers stress levels– The tulsi herb is adaptogen and therefore helps your body to deal with stress and anxiety more easily. While lowering the stress levels, the tulsi herb increases the anti-oxidant levels in your body.
- Helps patients suffering from heart disorders- It is so because of its ability to lower high cholesterol levels.
- Dissolves kidney stones
- Normalizes blood sugar levels- Because it normalizes blood sugar, tulsi herb is quite beneficial for diabetics suffering from type II diabetes.
- Fights colds, coughs, flu and helps with respiratory problems- Any respiratory infection will be cured if you chew on tulsi leaves.
- Fights cancer
- Protects from inflammation, reduces pain and helps with arthritis- There is also tulsi oil which is made of its seeds and therefore provides protection and benefit for those who have any inflammation in their body.
- Helps with constipation- By boosting your metabolism, tulsi will solve any constipation problems.
Get a Glowing Skin, Strong Nails and Shiny Hair
The tulsi herb will not only help with your overall health, but it can also take part in your beauty routine. It successfully treats any skin problems such as eczema, acne, pimples, scars and marks.
You can easily make yourself a paste of the tulsi leaves and water and therefore apply the mixture topically, or make yourself a tea or tulsi juice. By rubbing finely powdered tulsi leaves on your skin you will achieve that healthy glow.
For shiny, dandruff-free and healthy hair apply the tulsi oil on daily basis. The same procedure goes for those of you who want to grow long, strong and shiny nails.